Skip to content
Self Service Profile (SSP) Quick Reference Guide
- New users can follow these steps to log in to their account:
- On the SSP, connect to Internet Explorer (IE) by typing: SSP on the blue USPS page or https://ssp.usps.gov on your personal computer. You will be directed to the SSP homepage.
- Click on the Log in SSP button. Now you will be taken to the SSP login page.
- Enter the Employee ID and Password. (If you don’t know your SSP password, click on the “Forgot password” link and go to step 4). SSP Manage Profile page will be displayed on the screen.
- Did you click on the forgotten password? Link is provided at the lowermost of the SSP login page. EIN confirmation page will be displayed.
- Enter your EIN and click Confirm Employee ID. After clicking on Confirm you will be directed to Security Questions Page.
- Your selected security questions are displayed. Enter your answers. Click Submit Answers. If you have answered correctly, a password reset screen will be visible now.
- Make sure your name appears on the screen. Enter your New Password and Confirm it. Then tap “Update Password”.
- You can log in to the SSP or go to the HR Self Service Web application like LiteBlue, PostalEase, etc. You have successfully updated your password now. Now you can log in to SSP.
- When you log in to the SSP for the first time, you must configure your self-service profile. You can do it under Self Service Profile Set Up Password Tab.
- Enter a new password and confirm it. Follow the rules for strong passwords. Click on the Next button. After this, you need to configure a self-service security profile.
- Select questions from the drop-down lists and input your answers. Tap the Next button.
- Now input your email address and confirm your email address. Click on the Next button. Entering Email is optional. You can simply move ahead by checking the “Skip Email and Update later” checkbox.
- If everything on the verification page is correct. Tap the “Send” button. SSP manage profile page will be displayed on the screen.
- If you don’t want to manage anything else in SSP, click on the logout link in the menu bar.
- If all ITSH resources are exhausted, contact the Human Resources Shared Service Center (HRSSC) by calling the Employee Service Line at 1-877-477-3273 and selecting option 5 or TDD / TTY 866-260-7507,